eBooks
I visited World eBook fair and had mixed reactions. I can't see how any of the titles would be of value to our middle school library, but perhaps I did not search extensively enough.
I enjoyed the LibriVox site. Again application for our middle school would be limited to some of the classics or poetry that are read in class. I listened to several selections and found that the quality of the readings varied.
I visited The Best Places to Get Free Books--- another sites with an overwhelming amount of information! I did find a few sites to explore further this summer:
Bookcrossing or " the practice of leaving a book in a public place to be picked up and read by others, who then do likewise. "
Adobe Acrobat ebook Reader 2.2....your computer will read your ebook to you....
We have used the ebooks that are available to use through our Western Massachsuetts library consortium C/WMARS. Our use has been limited to non-fiction titles to supplement our collection for special projects. We do encourage our kids to use their public library cards for downloadable fiction books. Our C/WMARS digital collection has many of the new titles and series that our age group is reading. These can be downloaded to computers or many hand held devices. Unfortuantely, they are in a format that is not compatible with iPODs.
Monday, March 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment