Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Week Nine Thing # 21

Podcasting
Understanding the basics was a challenge. My brain is trying to wrap itself around so many new terms. I am using a new language and just "talking the talk" without really knowing what I am doing. I'm beginning to feel a new sympathy with my students when they have a hugh learning task thrown at them. I'm dismayed at the dates on many of the articles that I've read. "Its not too late for podcasting"... dated 2006! I'm trailing far behind.
I had a lot of problems with the podcasting directories such as Educational Podcast Directory. Many of the files that I wanted to listen to were unavailable.
I need to sit down with our building tech to see what is possible. I consider it a good day when my computer don't freeze using WORD.
We do a sixth grade project "Be a Local Hero" that encourages families to eat locally grown food. We usually resort to brochures or posters, but podcasts would certainly add to our campaign.

No comments: