Thursday, February 28, 2008

Week Nine Thing #20

Believe it or not this is the first time that I have visited YouTube. We cannot access it at school and up until a month or so ago I did not have the bandwidth at home. Needless to say I have been having a great time watching.

I looked through several of the educational and library related pieces. Another thing to ponder this summer. I would love to see us rework our seventh grade biography projects into a "You are There" or "Person to Person" format. Is anyone old enough to remember actually watching those shows in the 50's?

Hopefully you will be able to find a piece called "Medieval Help Desk" also known as "The Book." I think I could substitute some of my eighth graders for the perplexed monk. Hopefully this URL will work. Enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQHX-SjgQvQ

Step Two:
I was able to embed--but again-- only where the Page Element place markers exist. I tried a page element marker on the right column of the blog, but this resulted in only half of the show appearing. My only other option was to embed at the bottom of the page. This results in a huge clip. I'm not happy.
Step Three:
I actually remembered a little HTML and played around with the height and width. It now fits in the sidebar where I want it.
Step Four: Of course, now you cannot read the English subtitles because the text is too small.
To be continued......

No comments: