Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Week Eight Thing #18


Zoho Writer

I had a very mixed experience on two separate computers both home and at school. The site behaved erratically..

I also had to enter my Bogger username and password multiple times before it allowed me to post to my blog. I created the post below in the word processing portion of Zoho and used the publishing option to post. That in itself posed a problem because the "publish" tab appeared and disappeared sporadically. In all a humbling experience.. I seem to be having many of those lately!

Trial post from Zoho writer

Another possibility to explore....

We do have some issues in the LMC with different versions of software-- particularly Microsoft Works vs Word. We do have a translator piece that we can load to some of our computers, but others are so old and sad that we cannot do this everywhere. Perhaps this online document sharing would be the answer. I've noticed with some of the online sharing sites that even our newest computers seem to freeze easily when using them. A function of our end?

My main concern is again all the registrations, usernames, and passwords to keep organized.

Free is good. Once the logistics are smooth, I think this and others like it.... (I seem to remember something similar a few weeks back... but my overloaded brain can't seem to recall just what).. would offer solutions for collaborative projects both with students and staff.

I then tried a presentation with Zoho. I thought I would make a simple scrapbook of my four legged buddies. I was able to use some pictures, but not others because of size restrictions. Only part of the slide show appeared when I published it to the blog. It seemed to be too large in width and only part of each slide was visible.
That brings up a problem I have had with my blog since I began. I've tried to copy and paste HTML code from outside sources within a post, but cannot. The only place that my format will allow is at the "add a page element button." When I try to move the "add a page element " place holders to different spots I cannot. Any ideas anyone?

No comments: